Funding & disclosure
Please note: While every effort has been made to ensure that this website reaches A standard accessibility according to the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) there are historical forms under the Election funding, expenditure and financial disclosure section of this website that will not be accessible to screen readers and will therefore not comply with Government accessibility standards. If there is data on this site that is in a format you cannot access, or if you experience other accessibility difficulties, pleasecontact Elections ACT . Elections ACT will attempt to make this material available to you through another means.
Information on ACT financial funding and disclosure returns for 1993-2014 has been converted from Adobe Acrobat PDF format to HTML format to comply with accessibility standards. This information has been data-entered from handwritten and typed original returns. While all efforts have been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information, Elections ACT cannot guarantee the accuracy of the data. Copies of original returns are available for public viewing at Elections ACT’s office
Election funding, expenditure and financial disclosure scheme
The ACT’s election funding, expenditure and financial disclosure scheme is administered by the ACT Electoral Commissioner and the staff of Elections ACT.
From 1 July 2012, the election funding, expenditure and financial disclosure scheme, as defined in the Electoral Act 1992, consists of four components:
- public funding of election campaign expenditure;
- limits on the amount of electoral expenditure that may be incurred;
- limits on the amount of gifts that may be received, that are used to incur electoral expenditure; and
- disclosure of the financial transactions of registered political parties, political party groupings, MLAs, associated entities, candidates, third party campaigners, and broadcasters and publishers.
The following pages aim to provide a summary of the above provisions. Copies of relevant forms and handbooks, as well as records of past financial disclosure returns by political entities in the ACT, can also be found in this section.
Further assistance on any aspect of the scheme may be obtained from Elections ACT.
Links to further election funding, expenditure and financial disclosure information
- New electoral campaign finance laws in the ACT - 3 March 2015
- Financial disclosure returns available for public inspection
- Funding and disclosure FAQs
- Monitoring and compliance
- Election funding
- Administrative funding
- Funding and disclosure publications
- Commonwealth financial disclosure page (AEC site)