Ballot paper preference data - 2008 Election
The following links include the results of the data entry of every formal ballot paper counted at the 18 October 2008 ACT Legislative Assembly election.
This data is derived from the electronic voting and counting system (EVACS) used by the ACT Electoral Commission at the election. At this election, some electors had the choice of casting an electronic vote on a computer in a polling place. After polling day, all formal paper ballots were scanned and preferences entered into EVACS.
Data is presented as separate text files. Explanatory documents are in PDF format. The format of the tables and a description of the fields contained in each table are contained in the following explanatory documents.
The following links do not contain any programs which can be used to analyse this data.
If you have any difficulty in reading the data, or if you have any other questions about the data, please contact Elections ACT.
- Data field descriptions (pdf - 10 kb)
- Data table descriptions (pdf - 11kb)
- Ballot paper versions (text file - 3759 kb)
- Brindabella ballot papers (text file - 10,067 kb)
- Ginninderra ballot papers (text file - 10,257 kb)
- Molonglo ballot papers (text file - 19,332 kb)
- Candidates (text file - 3 kb)
- Electorates (text file - 1 kb)
- Groups (text file - 1 kb)
- Polling place batch numbers (text file - 63 kb)
The above data is also available for purchase on a CD-ROM in Microsoft Access format. To purchase this CD-ROM, please contact Elections ACT