Ballot paper preference data - 2004 Election
This data is derived from the electronic voting and counting system (EVACS) used by the ACT Electoral Commission at the election. At this election, some electors had the choice of casting an electronic vote on a computer in a polling place. After polling day, preferences shown on all formal paper ballots were entered into EVACS by data-entry operators.
The electronic voting data is shown in separate tables from the voting data entered from paper ballots.
Data is presented as separate text files. Explanatory documents are in PDF format. The format of the tables and a description of the fields contained in each table are contained in the following explanatory documents.
The following links do not contain any programs which can be used to analyse this data.
If you have any difficulty in reading the data, or if you have any other questions about the data, please contact Elections ACT.
- Data field descriptions (pdf - 69 kb)
- Data table descriptions (pdf - 114 kb)
- Brindabella ballot papers (text file - 7 mb)
- Brindabella electronic (text file - 1371 kb)
- Ginninderra ballot papers (text file - 8 mb)
- Ginninderra electronic (text file - 1306 kb)
- Molonglo ballot papers (text file - 14 mb)
- Molonglo electronic (text file - 2326 kb)
- Ballot paper versions (text file - 3660 kb)
- Candidates (text file - 4 kb)
- Electorates (text file - 1 kb)
- Groups (text file - 2 kb)
- Polling place batch numbers (text file - 441 kb)