2014 ATSIEB election - nominations
List of candidates
Nominations closed on 2 June 2014 and a random draw for positions on the ballot paper was conducted on 3 June 2014. Following is the full list of candidates, in the order they will appear on the ballot paper.
- Jo DONOVAN
- Tony McCULLOCH
- Richie ALLAN
- Rod LITTLE
- Jo CHIVERS
- Tjanara GORENG GORENG
- Lynnice Letty KEEN
- Delephene FRASER
- Fred MONAGHAN
- Ross FOWLER
- Diane COLLINS
- Steven BROWN
- Maurice WALKER
- Darryl MILLER
Nominations for this election closed at 12 noon on Monday 2 June 2014.
To be eligible to vote, or to be nominated as a candidate for the election you must be an Aboriginal person or Torres Strait Islander, at least 18 years old, and on, or entitled to be on, the ACT electoral roll. However, candidates cannot be under sentence of imprisonment for 1 year or longer for an indictable offence.
The candidate must be nominated by four people who declare that:
- they are an Aboriginal person or Torres Strait Islander; and
- are at least 18 years old; and
- are enrolled, or entitled to be enrolled, on the ACT electoral roll; and
- are not under sentence of imprisonment for 1 year or longer for a conviction for an indictable offence.
To be entitled to be on the ACT electoral roll, a person must have a current place of living in the ACT and have lived at that place for at least the preceding month.
A person is not entitled to be on the ACT electoral roll if:
- because of unsound mind, he or she is incapable of understanding the nature and significance of enrolment and voting;
- he or she has been convicted of treason and has not been pardoned; or
- under the Migration Act 1958, he or she is the holder of a temporary visa or is an unlawful non-citizen.
Nominations open on Monday 19 May 2014.
Nomination forms are available from the link below or from the ACT Electoral Commission
Nominations must be given to the ACT Electoral Commissioner by the close of nominations at 12 noon on Monday 2 June 2014. Forms can be hand delivered to the office of the Commissioner, or faxed, or scanned and emailed - link to contact details below.
Under the legislation, late nominations cannot be accepted under any circumstance.