2014 ATSIEB election - postal voting
Am I entitled to apply for a postal vote?
You are entitled to apply for a postal vote if you:
- Are an Aboriginal person or Torres Strait Islander; and
- Are on, or entitled to be on, the ACT electoral roll; and
- Expect to be unable to attend a polling place.
You are entitled to be on the ACT electoral roll if you:
- Are an Australian citizen; and
- Are 18 years of age or older; and
- Have lived at your ACT address for at least one month.
How do I apply for a postal vote?
Postal voting for this election has now closed.
When does my application have to be in by?
If ballot papers are to be posted to an address in Australia, your application must be received by Elections ACT by 5pm on Thursday 10 July 2014.
If ballot papers are to be posted overseas, the application must be received by Elections ACT by 5pm on Friday 27 June 2014.
When will I get my ballot papers?
Postal voting ballot papers will generally be sent on the day your application is received. However, ballot papers cannot be sent until after the names of candidates are declared, that is until after 12 noon on Tuesday 3 June 2014.
For postal votes to be included in the count, they must be received by the ACT Electoral Commission by 5pm on Friday 18 July 2014.